Translate This Page
Field Mouse Pie Recipe
Living off the land? Did you ever see anything improve the appetite like camping out? Did you ever wonder if the food box was going to last? Here's a recipe to fill in and should appeal to everyone.
- 1 c. macaroni
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Few field mice (or 1 lb. sausage)
- 1 med. can tomatoes
- Dabs of butter
- Boil the macaroni until tender (10 minutes). While this is cooking, fry a few field mice long enough to fry out some excess fat. Grease a casserole with some of this fat.
- Put a 1/2 layer of macaroni in casserole; add a layer of onions and the tomatoes, juice and all. Salt and pepper to taste. Add dabs of butter and mice.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until field mice are done. Serve hot or cold.
- If you find it difficult to find field mice, you can use sausage, but you won't be living off the land!
If you find it difficult to find field mice, you can use sausage, but you won't be living off the land!