Translate This Page
Fried Camp Apples Recipe
When you’re camping or headed to a picnic in the park, you can save yourself from a labor intensive dessert, with this easy Campfire Skillet Apples recipe. It’s so easy and versatile, you can cook it indoors on your stove top or take it out on the grill.
For a serving of 4
- 5 large apples (we like Granny Smith for their tartness)
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Peel and slice apples. I slice mine about 1/4″ thick.
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over grill.
- Place apples into skillet, top with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix gently, and stir every 2-3 minutes until apples are tender. Total cooking time is around 15 minutes, depending on how thick your apple slices are.