Translate This Page
“Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.”
-François Duc de La Rochefoucauld
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 strips bacon
- 1/2 C oatmeal
- salt and pepper
- Chop bacon into 1-inch chunks and fry.
- When grease coats the pan, add sliced onion.
- Cook until transparent.
- Add oatmeat to absorb the fat, keeping the mixture thick.
- Stir for 7-10 minutes, till cooked.
* Serve with mincemeat roasted poultry, or as a main dish when the larder is bare.