Translate This Page
This one might be a bit hot but good for a winter meal for the cowboys on the trail.
Green Chile Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds lean chuck roast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and dicedshopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 12 large green chili peppers (Anaheim or poblano), roasted, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6-7 cups water
- Cut the meat into 1/2-inch cubes and brown in oil in fairly deep pan.
- Add potatoes and onions, and brown further. Drain off excess fat.
- Add peppers, garlic salt, salt and water, bring to a boil and simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with your favorite noodles, rice or homemade bread.
Servings Per Recipe: 6