Translate This Page
Nothing satisfies the soul as much as food prepared on a campfire. And it's easier than you might think!
Indian Breakfast Recipes
Here is a favorite Ash Cake recipe.
Easy to make with ingredients on hand, this is a delicous and healthy version of this fire-side treat.
- 15 oz hominy
- chopped yellow onion
- 2-3 slices fried crumbled bacon, sausage or ham
- bell pepper (optional)
- dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- 5 beaten eggs
- Saute in large skillet hominy, a handful of chopped yellow onion, and meat.
- Optional: Add a small amount of finely chopped bell pepper and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- After sauteing on medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes add 5 beaten eggs.
- Stir & cook until eggs are barely done.