Translate This Page
An empty wagon makes the most noise. Just because there's a bunch of thunder don't necessarily mean there's any rain coming with it .
Rabbit Stew Recipe
- 1 rabbit dressed and cut into serving pieces
- ¼ c flour
- Salt and pepper
- 4 T Butter
- 2 onions chopped
- ¼ c chopped carrots
- 1 c potatoes chopped
- Mixed Herbs
Photo by J.H. Sizer
In this image we see a well-used chuck wagon. The U.S. National Archives, which maintains the image, provides this description: "Two-Bar chuck wagon camped at Dry Fork of Elkhead Creek, Spring of 1907. Photo by J.H. Sizer.
- Mix flour and seasonings together.
- Coat the rabbit pieces with the mixture.
- Melt the butter and fry the rabbit pieces until browned.
- Put the pieces in a large pan and add the onion, carrot and potatoes.
- Cover with water and season with salt, pepper and herbs.
- Cover and cook for three hours.